The 10 Spot – Valentine’s Day Dates 2015
01/29/2015 05:00PM ● Published by Megan Wiskus
- Cross Skydiving off your bucket list by free falling with Skydive Sacramento in Lincoln, which has Northern California’s best safety record (we’ll jump to that!). 9 a.m. to sunset,
- Canoodle with culture by visiting the Crocker Art Museum. In addition to their permanent collections, the Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880–1910 exhibit is also on tap. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Listen to the sounds of National Fingerpicking Guitar Champion and YouTube sensation Michael Chapdelaine (known for his arrangements of the Beatle’s “Come Together” and Gotye’s “Somebody I Used to Know”), and jazz harpist Motoshi Kosako at the Harris Center. 8 p.m.
- Savor gourmet food in several courses while listening to romantic music, and receive a photo, Valentine’s Day favor and access to the vanity closet at A Dash of Panache’s Valentine’s Day High Tea. Reservations required. 7 p.m.
- Bring a bottle of your favorite wine while enjoying great company and creating a Swan Lake Sunset Painting at The Painted Cork in Folsom. 5 p.m.
- Learn key techniques in creating a French-inspired menu and discover how each wine complements the food at Wine Country Cuisine: Valentine’s Day Dinner, taking place at the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-Op. 5 p.m.
- Relax with the “Sweet Sensation for Two” package at Dolce Vita Day Spa, which includes four hours of bliss (body scrub, hydrotherapy bath, 50-minute massage, pedicure, champagne and truffles).
- Take your other half—who’s over 21 (!)—on a Wine Tour through El Dorado, Amador or Placer Counties. All three areas are ripe with award-winning vinos and take-your-breath-away views. Just be sure to pack a picnic and sip responsibly! Call wineries for hours
- Get your heart pumping by participating in the Race for Justice Valentine Run/Walk at Country Club Plaza Mall (Macy’s). 6:30-7:50 a.m. (registration)
- Enjoy a staycation with a visit to Eden Vale Inn, a romantic bed and breakfast that’s nestled in the beautiful Sierra foothills, and a stone’s throw away from wineries, hiking and Red Hawk Casino.