On the Cover!
● Published by Style
Pumpkin Soup with Red Bell Pepper and Potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin, cubed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cream
- 8 slices French bread, toasted
- 8 dollops cream, to garnish
- 8 sprigs parsley, to garnish
Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions until they are soft. Add the potatoes, pumpkin and red bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Add the broth, sugar and seasonings. Stir well and cook for 25 minutes or until everything is soft.
Blend the pumpkin soup with a stick blender. Add 1 tablespoon of the cream and cook for 5 more minutes on a low heat. Serve hot, garnished with the cream and parsley, and with the French bread on the side. Serves 4.
—Recipe courtesy of pumpkinsoup.org.