02/28/2009 04:00PM ● Published by Super Admin
10 REASONS TO VISIT
If lying by the beach, or sipping wine is not your thing, don’t fret, that’s the beauty of visiting Pismo – where there’s a plethora of activity options.
1. March through May – Hearst Castle Evening Tours – This legendary California manor sits at 1,600 feet above sea level, and the evening tour allows visitors to experience the Castle at night just as a visitor to the Castle in the ’30s might have. For more information, visit hearstcastle.org
2. March 6-March 15 –15th Annual San Luis Obispo International Film Festival – The Film Festival will bring filmmakers, film buffs, and celebrities for cinematic events held throughout the county. For more information, call 805-235-5404 or visit slofilmfest.org.
3. March 20-22 – 27th Annual Zinfandel Festival – At the Donati Family Vineyard in Templeton, enjoy guided winery tours at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Learn the grape’s journey from vine to bottle, and view the crush pad, cellar, barrel room and hospitality center! Catch great spring deals on wine - do you have your white wine yet? For more information, call 805-238-0676 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. April through November – Shell Beach Farmers Market – Enjoy perusing the market for fresh produce, flowers, jams, dried fruits and artisan vinegars, all grown by local farmers. You can also expect to see exotic foods, jewelry, massage therapy, tea and live entertainment. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
5. April 26 – Taste of Pismo – Restaurants of Pismo Beach and local wineries will showcase multiple culinary and vineyard delights at this event. Tickets are $50 each and include a commemorative wine glass. For more information, call 800-443-7778.
6. April 30-May 2 – Hospice du Rhone – an exceptional three-day event that is globally regarded as the “single most essential and enjoyable gathering of international Rhône wine producers and enthusiasts.” Attendees expand their knowledge of the 22 Rhône varieties, while rubbing elbows with the winemakers whose passion spurs the inspiration and energy that sets the tone for every seminar, meal and tasting.
7. May through October – Art in the Park – On the first Sunday of the month (from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) enjoy 90 local artists, food and music, at the Dinosaur Caves Park. For more information, call 805-704-8128.
8. May 15-17 – 27th Annual Paso Robles Wine Festival – This is the marquee tasting event along California’s Central Coast, and it’s a perfect excuse to visit Paso Robles Wine Country. More than 100 area wineries host an array of special events including winemaker dinners, food pairings, seminars, winery tours, special tastings and more.
9. June 19-21 – Pismo Beach June Car Show – This is one of the largest and finest classic car and street shows in the area, with over 800 classic automobiles and street rods. For more information, visit thepismobeachclassic.com or call 866-450-7469.
10. October 17-18 – 63rd Annual Clam Festival – Get in on the fun in downtown Pismo Beach. There’s a parade on Saturday morning, which kicks off this annual event, followed by a carnival, clam dig, music and food. For more information, call 800-443-7778.
POSTCARD FROM PISMO BEACH
Native Restaurant & Lounge
Pelican Point Bar & Restaurant
Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa
Cottage Inn by the Sea
Pismo Beach Hotel
Pacific Adventure Tours
Extreme Hummer Adventures
Avila Beach Golf Resort
Cypress Ridge Golf Club
The Livery Stable: Horseback Riding